About Combine PDFs
Changes in version 5.3:
- Added retina support.
- Changed from Carbon to Cocoa app.
Changes in version 5.2:
- You can now duplicate pages in the list.
Changes in version 5.1:
- Pages can be marked to have no page number.
- Added French translation.
- Added Italian translation.
- Fixed page counting error.
- Fixed a bug with creating PDF files.
- Remembers now if the preview window was open the last time.
- Remembers metadata if activated in preferences.
- Now again we have a little Merge button below the list on the bottom right edge.
- Additional variables in text overlays for more metadata values.
- You can now select the font for the text overlays.
Changes in version 5.0:
- Added buttons and text window to enter text with using variables and text styles.
- Added menu command to add a title page.
- Added new icon.
- You can now enter Metadata and Password using menu commands.
- Added Preview window so the main window is smaller.
- Added fullscreen preview. Press space to enable. User cursor keys to move between pages and esc or space to leave fullscreen preview.
- Shows left in the list the new page numbers.
- Moved QuartzFilter option into menu.
- Moved post processing options into menu.
- Added QuartzFilter Panel to edit filters.
- Added Clear All and Clear List buttons.
- Added Buttons for Check All/None/Selected
- Moved Combine/Split Buttons to menubar.
- Allows to select pages from the PDF and combine/split the selected pages only instead of all.
- If you drag and drop files over the list, you can release them where you want to have them.
Changes in version 4.4:
- Added Preferences Window to set whether PDF files should open with Acrobat Reader or Preview.
- Several bugs fixed.
- Main window layouted different to fit better on smaller screens.
Changes in version 4.3:
- Added German and French localization.
- Improved memory usage so you can combine more/bigger files now.
- Added menu command to reorder pages for duplex 2 on 1 page book printing.
- Added BugReporter so you can easilier report problems.
- Added menu command to remove blank pages. Works for all PDF pages which are complete white.
- The preview clears now properly if you remove the displayed page.
Changes in version 4.2:
- Improved speed for processing. Should be around 30% faster now.
Changes in version 4.1:
- Fixed a bug with sorting.
- Added 128-bit Encryption (PDF 1.5). (Requires Mac OS X 10.5)
- Added welcome dialog for the first launch or any launch with shift key pressed.
- Fixed a crash on Mac OS X 10.3.9.
Changes in version 4.0:
- Added QuartzFilter menu.
- Added new icon.
- The application is now Shareware. First 1000 PDF pages are free.
- Added support for creating encrypted PDF files.
- If you open an encrypted PDF you are asked for a password to unlock it. To combine you need the right to print.
- For the first PDF file dropped in the window the input fields for metadata are filled with the metadata from that file.
- Added a Save command to save the current setup.
- Setup files can be dropped on the application icon or in the main window to load the setup file.
- Preview window will now use the selected quartz filter so you see what you get.
- Sorting now works better with additional options.
- Added the option to add pages interleaved.
Changes in version 3.0:
- Added menu option to add an empty page. Empty pages can only be added if a page is already there as the size of the selected or the first page is takes for new empty page.
- Added "Sort pages better" menu entry which will handle the file numbers better. e.g. "test 303" will be sorted after "test 4".
- Added Donate button which brings you to the website. This application is not shareware as the source code is provided. But still I expect users to honor the work with a donation.
- The open file dialog shows all files and allows you to select more than just one file.
- Open file dialog now shows invisible files if you press the option key while the dialog opens.
- Added Preview button to show a preview of the current selected image or pdf page. With rotation.
- JPEG and PNG images are no longer recompressed when being added to a PDF file.
- Now universal binary.
- Updated to REALbasic 2007r5 and MBS REALbasic Plugins 7.8.
Changes in version 2.1:
- Fixed a failed assertion some users saw after the application finished work.
- Added button to add files.
- Added button to remove a page.
Changes in version 2.0:
- Shows now a progress dialog while processing items.
- Folders can be dropped on the application or the main window. All files inside are tried to be loaded as PDF or Picture.
- Items in list can be deleted using backspace key.
- Added options to decide whether file is launched after creation or application should beep when finished.
- Added the option to choose which box to use on the PDFs.
- Removed buttons and added menu commands.
- Added rotate options.
- Added select all.
Changes in version 1.0:
- First public release.
MBS Xojo tutorial videos